Current Coronavirus (COVID-19) Situation - UCCS Update #11 (12 p.m. March 20, 2020)
As we near the end of the first week in this remote learning and working environment, we have included a number of updates from across campus on how to access and contact various offices.
This content is also available, and updated regularly, at covid19.uccs.edu and on each area's website.
Students, staff, and faculty who need equipment to access remote learning and working may check out Chromebooks, laptops, and WiFi hotspots on a first-come, first-served basis at Kraemer Family Library. Checkout must be completed by Friday, March 20.
Admissions Virtual Support/Experience
The UCCS Bookstore continues to process orders placed online at uccsbookstore.com. Students have the option to have the order shipped to them (in-state shipping is free), or request a curbside pick-up Monday through Friday by appointment. Make sure to include a phone number for staff to contact you to coordinate the pick-up time. Get answers to your Bookstore-specific Q&A by visiting their site at uccsbookstore.com.
Campus Recreation & Wellness
- Recreation will be announcing some remote/online activities and programs—likely including fitness, eSports, digital intramurals and cooking demos—by the week of March 23. Watch uccs.edu/recwellness/campus-rec for more information.
- The Wellness Center will be moving to telehealth services starting Monday, March 23. Visit uccs.edu/recwellness/health-services for more information.
The UCCS Copy Center is still able to support needs on campus. While there is no reduction is services, your projects may take a little longer, and there is no walk-in service (scheduled pick ups only). Continue to send projects by email at email@example.com.
Dining and Hospitality Services
- Will continue to operate for the few students still residing on campus. That food is available through Roaring Fork. Please watch the DHS website for the most current hours and service available at uccs.edu/diningservices (at the bottom of the page).
- Currently all food is “to-go” to reduce groups of people congregating.
- Clyde’s Cupboard has moved to Alpine Express. Students can pick up eight items per week (pre-packaged in a single bag to minimize content). Alpine Express, which is located next to Roaring Fork in the Village at Alpine Valley, is open seven days a week from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Hot food items, along with convenience items, are available for purchase in Alpine Express as well.
Excel Communication Center
The UCCS Excel Communication Center is offering remote tutoring and outreach services. Currently, all services (except in-person presentation filming) will be available to UCCS students, staff, and faculty via the WebEx and Microsoft Teams applications. The Center is regularly monitoring voicemail and email during regular business hours, so reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org (719) 255-4770.
Excel Languages Center
After Spring Break, tutors and Academic Support Assistants will provide support via Microsoft Teams uccs.edu/languagescenter/online-tutor for students enrolled in languages and anyone else who wants to practice their foreign language, English, and American Sign Language. We also provide support via telephone at (719) 255-3690. To request special services during Spring Break, email email@example.com.
Excel Math Center
The Math Center will maintain a full schedule, with all services delivered remotely. Students are able to meet virtually with tutors and attend virtual PASS sessions. If you need assistance joining tutoring PASS meetings, call (719) 255-3687.
Excel Science Center
Tutors will be available Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-midnight, Friday from 8 a.m. -5 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m.-midnight. To join in, students should open Microsoft Teams, and then in the Search box that appears in the upper right corner of the landing page, type “Science Center.” Alternatively, if the box in the upper right corner indicates “Join or create team,” click on that box. It will take you to a page with the search box. Searching will take you to a page with eight Teams, each devoted to a specific course or several related courses. Students should click on the Team that corresponds with the course for which they’re seeking help. Please note that the Team for HPNU 3050/3060 (Anatomy & Physiology) is being run by folks from HPNU, not the Science Center.
Excel Writing Center
The Writing Center is conducting all appointments for students online. Visit uccs.edu/writingcenter/online-appointments to learn how to set an appointment up (appointments will not be available during Spring Break). At the time of your appointment, all you will need to do is log into our WCOnline schedule, click on your appointment time, and choose the line "Start or Join Online Consultation." This will take you to the online room, where a consultant will meet you. To limit technology issues, please take a moment to visit the online services tab on our website. Please don't hesitate to email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Resource Center
- The Faculty Resource Center has a comprehensive list of resources for faculty to enhance the student remote learning experience.
- Faculty Resource Center requests can be sent to email@example.com. Feel free to schedule an appointment for individual help and find resources at uccs.edu/frc/canvas/canvas-support.
First Year Experience
- First Year Experience is offering online coaching through Microsoft Teams. We are focusing on tips and tricks for how to transition to online learning, continue with academic skill development (time management, test taking, etc), and checking in with students as needed. Students can schedule appointments by searching First Year Experience in Starfish.
Kraemer Family Library
The Library is closed to visitors, but staff will be available to mail books as requested. Students and faculty can place a hold on materials, and then coordinate pick-up options by appointment. All the digital and online resources continue to be available as usual.
- Daily mail delivery will continue only for Roaring Fork Dining Hall, residence halls, Wellness Center, Kraemer Family Library, Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences and Main Hall. The mailroom, located on the first floor of the Campus Services Building, will operate weekdays between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., will hold packages and mail for all other buildings. Faculty and staff can pick up items between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. For items that are perishable, mailroom staff will reach out to the recipient to coordinate a delivery.
Office of Information Technology
Office of Residence Life and Housing
Office of Veteran and Military Student Affairs
While the Student Veteran Center is closed, staff will continue to work remotely to process REV’s and certifying enrollments. Staff will be working from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and students can contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org any questions or concerns.
Student Financial Services (Bursar)
- If you are experiencing financial challenges related to paying your UCCS balance, please email@example.com for assistance and guidance.
- Student Financial Services (Bursar) is handling questions through firstname.lastname@example.org and email is being staffed from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m daily.
- The Student Financials (Bursar) office staff will be on campus Tuesday's from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. to accept and process any department deposits. Main Hall is locked, you will need to call dispatch (3111) Tuesday morning to arrange a deposit pickup by campus police from your office and they will deliver your deposit to the Cashier Office for processing.
Health & Wellness Center
- Health and Mental Health Services at the Wellness Center continue to provide services for our students. If you need help, please click here to make an appointment.
UCCS HealthCircle Primary Care Clinic
- Behavioral Health Counseling: We have a PsyD (doctoral prepared psychologist) who has capacity to do counseling for individuals who are struggling with the current COVID situation. These services can be provided in person or via tele-health / telephone.
- Acute Care Visits: The UCCS Primary Care Clinic will continue to be staffed with a Nurse Practitioner who can do acute visits (we have suspended all routine care, physical exams, non-urgent visits) via telephone, tele-health, or in person if needed. We can help patients decide what the next step should be based on their symptoms and health history.