Residence Life & Housing Info
Residence Life & Housing Info
Students living on campus must move out by noon Monday, March 23. The university will consider limited exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Students requesting to remain in the residence halls must contact Erik Newhouse at 719-255-3578 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any student granted an exception should expect to relocate to another hall.
Common FAQs and Information
The health and safety of our students is a priority and we want to assure you that the concerns related to COVID-19 are being continually monitored and the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our county and state officials are being closely adhered to by campus. In an effort to promote the safest possible conditions, the University has enhanced cleaning throughout campus with increased attention to all residence halls and commonly touched surfaces. In addition, UCCS made the announcement it will move to online education and remote work to finish the spring semester.
UCCS will continue its academic mission fully online, allowing students to study and complete courses remotely through the conclusion of the spring semester.
Minimal personnel will remain on the UCCS campus beyond spring break, and a small amount of resources will remain for the few students unable to depart campus.
We continue to have a responsibility to our student population. As such, we feel the best decision is to close residence halls and dining centers until such a time that clearance is given to reopen.
If returning to campus is not a viable option at this time, we can work with students to temporarily store their belongings. We are currently focused on helping students still on campus move out by Monday and will release more details soon. Thank you for your understanding.
Students requesting to remain on campus should expect to change rooms.
All information about refunds will be posted to our refunds hub, found below.
Please remove all of your personal items and dispose of trash in designated areas. Place items that you wish to donate in the following areas:
- Summit Village – Lift Lounge in Keystone by the laundry room
- Village at Alpine Valley -Room Needed
- Alpine Apartment-Shavano Lounge
When your packing is complete, please complete the following:
- Close and lock bedroom windows
- Turn off all lights
- Lock bedroom door
- Make sure suite door is closed and secured
- Place keys in EXPRESS check out envelope and deposit in one of the following places
- Key Return in LaPlata by Mailboxes
- Key Return in Summit in Mail Room Door by Office Door
- Drop at the either desk if open (Monday to Friday 8a to 5p) DO NOT LEAVE KEYS IF DESK IS UNATTENDED
- Please make sure you fill out a mail forward form that can be found on the housing website: https://www.uccs.edu/residence/current-resident/services/request-mail-forwarding
If your personal situation creates barriers for you to move out, you need to contact Erik Newhouse at 719.255.3578 or email email@example.com. Please include your name, student ID number, and phone number in any email or voice messages.
Should you need them, boxes and tape are available at the front desks in both Summit Village and the Village at Alpine Valley.
All summer courses, with few exceptions, will be held remotely.
UCCS, in coordination with the CU system, has made additional decisions around the costs of summer classes:
- The online fee will be waived for any class that was originally scheduled to be held in person. If a class was originally scheduled to be conducted online, that fee will remain.
- Students enrolled in summer courses will have their fees covered by the university for the recreation and wellness center bond ($80 for the summer semester), student event and performance fee (between $2.50 and $4, depending on credit load) and the student recreation fee ($1 per credit hour).
- Parking permits will not be required for summer if you come to campus when buildings reopen.
Given the circumstance surrounding COVID-19 and the short timeframe surrounding moveout, you will not be held responsible if you do not return or deloft your bed.