As the COVID-19 Omicron variant spreads, we will continue to put the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and community first.
UCCS will begin the spring semester in person Tuesday, January 18, with increased COVID-19 precautions.
In response to the increase of Omicron cases throughout the United States, we have updated our safety process and procedures:
- A COVID-19 booster shot will be required for all eligible students, faculty, and staff beginning Jan. 18 through a revised attestation process. Over the next week, further details will be provided on how to comply with the new requirements.
- Routine COVID-19 testing will continue for residential students.
- Surgical or KN95 masks are recommended for increased protection against the virus.
- Staff should work remotely through Jan. 14, if possible.
- Residence halls and dining facilities will remain open as previously scheduled.
- Some campus events may change formats or capacities.
Note that additional information regarding the UCCS COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement will be announced in the upcoming days.
UCCS Vaccination Requirement
If you have not received your vaccination or booster yet, it is now required for all students, staff, and faculty, unless seeking an exemption for medical or non-medical reasons.
If it has been more than five months since your last Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or 2 months since receiving the Johnson and Johnson COVID vaccine, you will be required to get the booster within one month of eligibility.
For more information regarding vaccine-specific eligibility, please visit the CDC website.
The UCCS COVID-19 website is updated frequently. Should you have a question not addressed within our resources or information, please contact us.