UCCS will continue to follow CDC, state, and county public health guidance and will make adjustments to campus plans in alignment with the COVID-19 Dial created by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).
If you intend on visiting the UCCS campus, read our Campus Access page, here. Be sure to take our campus access training and daily wellness check, posted on our Campus Access page, and below.
The UCCS Status Board can help
Please view our UCCS and OIT Status Boards to determine what resources are available or are unavailable.
- We will offer robust in-person and flexible events this fall.
Learn more about these engaging events here.
- Campus Recreation is open to students, faculty and staff this fall for open recreation. Events and activities include SOLE outdoor meet-ups, bike and climbing workshops, intramural sports leagues and tournaments, club sports, group fitness classes and personal training, virtual cooking classes, and more. For a full list of activities, visit campusrec.uccs.edu. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ent Center for the Arts Events
- A series of virtual events will be held. Please read more on the Ent Center for the Arts website.
- We will offer robust in-person and flexible events this fall.
Symptoms & Prevention
Please visit our illness & exposure webpage for more information.
Face Covering Guidelines
You can view our Campus Access page for details on exposure, our face covering guidelines and more. Our face covering guidlines is also posted below.
The UCCS Plan
Students should notify the Wellness Center by calling 719-255-4444 or emailing email@example.com so that an email can be sent stating it was an error and clearing them to come to campus. Employees should notify Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Info for Employees & Students
Employees should contact their supervisor and work with UCCS Human Resources for next steps.
Students who receive positive test results from a non-UCCS provider should notify the Wellness Center at 719-255-4444 or by emailing email@example.com.
Students who need additional support with things such as notifying professors, should contact the Dean of Students office at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Hub for Exposure & Illness Information
Remote Resources for Faculty, Staff & Students
Visit our comprehensive resources hub for the latest resources related to remote work and remote learning.
Our resources relate to faculty transitioning to remote learning, students utilizing remote learning and faculty and staff working remotely.
The UCCS Wellness Center
The Wellness Center will returned to campus Aug. 10, 2020.
We be offering in-person appointments and will continue to offer remote telehealth appointments for Health and Mental Health for students that live in Colorado. Please call 719-255-4444 to schedule an appointment.
DO NOT WALK IN TO THE WELLNESS CENTER IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS: fever, shortness of breath, cough, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting.
Leave information and more.
The university is closely monitoring the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19 and is actively working to plan and prepare for potential local impacts. As part of that effort, the Human Resources Office is sharing employment guidance to help you manage COVID-19 concerns.
Please know that all campus-wide decisions are being made with the health and safety of our community at the forefront, and with the best available guidance from public health authorities. As the situation evolves, further updates may be forthcoming.
Updates regarding NCAA athletics
Following suit with NCAA recommendations, UCCS will be halting games until further notice.
Please read more and follow additional updates from Mountain Lion Athletics here.
Information on visits, tours, orientation and more
For prospective and admitted students and their families, we are excited to help you in your college search and to help you become a mountain lion.
Please utilize our resources as we help you complete visits and orientations in a virtual way this spring semester.
Guidance on financial impact
The UCCS Controller's Office set up this list of guidelines on how to handle both general university expenses and sponsored projects, expenditures.
Please read these guidelines and information closely.
Working to fuel the success of our military affiliated students
As of August 10, 2020: Open by appointment only, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call 719-255-3253 or email us to set an appointment.
Please reach out to at email@example.com with appointment requests and any other question you may have.
Resources by the Colorado Department of Higher Education
A frequently updated list of resources available to students and faculty members is available and maintained by the Colorado Department of Higher Education.
Information on the copy center, bookstore and more
- The UCCS Bookstore continues to process orders placed online. Students have the option to have the order shipped to them (in-state shipping is free), or request a curbside pick-up Monday through Friday by appointment. Make sure to include a phone number for staff to contact you to coordinate the pick-up time. Get answers to your Bookstore-specific Q&A by visiting their site here.
- Campus Recreation is offering both in-person and remote programs, events, and activities for students, faculty, and staff. All activities can be viewed at campusrec.uccs.edu. Please visit the Campus Recreation homepage for any program, activity, or operational COVID-19 related updates.
For additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The UCCS Copy Center is still able to support needs on campus. While there are no reductions in service, your projects may take a little longer, and there is no walk-in service (scheduled pick ups only). Continue to send projects by email at email@example.com.
- All games and events are canceled through the end of the spring season.
COVID-19 EHS Resources
Find information about disinfecting your office or workspace.
Relevant UCCS Policy
Be sure to read and understand relevant policies in this rapidly-changing time.
Adjusted Occupancy Information
Explore updated occupancy information for classrooms and labs.
Up-to-date info from the CDC
Stay up to date on the national impact of COVID-19 by following this department's updates.
Stay informed on the COVID-19 impact upon Colorado by following this department's updates.
Our County's Public Health Department
Stay up to date on the COVID-19 impact upon El Paso County by following this department's updates.